The Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Club is a student organization, the first of its kind at CSUF. The AAC's mission is to serve as an avenue for undergraduates to learn about aided augmentative and alternative communication and act as a general information resource on AAC for the university and the local community.
Communication can take many forms, such as speech, a shared glance, text, gestures, facial expressions, touch, sign language, symbols, pictures, speech-generating devices, etc. The AAC Club believes everybody has the right to access communication in all environments and that all forms of communication should be respected.
Your gift prepares students to excel in their future speech-language pathology, special education, audiology and related careers. Donations to support AAC will help provide:
- Career development and training
- Field trips to assistive technology centers
- Conference registration and travel costs
- Purchasing simple tech materials that provide members with hands-on assistive learning experiences
- Printing or preparing educational materials for the public or club members
- Guest speaker honorariums
Your support will allow more Titans access to additional professional development resources.