The Pollak Library's University Archives and Special Collections is the guardian of campus memories and the steward of rare and unique materials that support education and scholarly research.
University Archives’ stewardship of collections chronicling CSUF’s legacy of leadership and innovation is a responsibility the Pollak Library takes to heart. These special collections curate and safeguard artifacts and documents unavailable elsewhere, providing vital resources for scholarly research and education. With your support, we can create a secure yet accessible and inviting space to welcome the Titan community to explore our collections and protect these irreplaceable resources.
We are planning to expand the Pollak Library’s special collections into an exciting new area: Latinx science fiction, beginning with local authors. This will build upon the Library’s renowned collections in science fiction, and complement our local history and Chicanx collections as well. Your gift can provide seed money to launch our collecting efforts.
While the vision of a new home on the sixth floor of the Pollak Library South is being finalized, we invite you to be a part of our excitement about these collections and continue to safeguard our history.
The Pollak Library envisions the University Archives and Special Collections’ new home as a secure, accessible and invitingly comfortable space. Gifts will help create an environment which encourages scholastic study and collection exploration, while providing the climate-controlled storage needed for preservation that is essential to fulfill our mission of service to the campus community.
Your generous donation to the Pollak Library's University Archives and Special Collections will help us to launch our collection of Latinx science fiction and to make our vision of creating a space to better serve our patrons a reality.
Any level of donation is always appreciated but this is your chance to book your place in Pollak Library history! To express our gratitude for your donation, a gift today of $25+ will be commemorated with a personalized digital bookplate. These bookplates will display in our on-line catalog system for the life of the materials.
Commemorative levels are:
- $25 – Student Impact Digital Bookplate *STUDENTS ONLY*
- Your name will be listed on a book of our choice in our digital catalog – exclusive offer for actively enrolled students!
- $50 – Basic Digital Bookplate
- Your name will be listed on a book of our choice in our digital catalog.
- $100 – Premium Digital Bookplate
- Your name will be listed on a book of your choice in our digital library**
- $1000 – Adopt a Rare Book
- Your name will be listed on the digital bookplate of a rare book of your choice. Work directly with one of our University Archives/Special Collections professionals to choose a rare book for your bookplate and learn more about our collection and the techniques used to preserve these treasures.
**Based on title availability – we will work with you on choosing an acceptable title